Internship Opportunities In OMTOM's Customer Services Team
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon has earned a reputation as the world’s most beautiful marathon. The event attracts over 30 000 local and international running enthusiasts who participate in a range of distances, and who continue to engage with the OMTOM brand in many related activities and forums throughout the year.
As an intern you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience on how events are organised - from the back-end of planning through to the implementation of these plans for large-scale events.
Period for intern: 30 January 2017 – 22 April 2017 (must be available for the full period from 10 – 22 April 2017 over race week).
Location: Two Oceans Marathon NPC - organisers of the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon - is situated in Ottery, Cape Town
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the chosen candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Filing of race entry forms in a systematic manner
- Entry Data capturing and updating
- Call Centre – assisting with runner queries telephonically and via Email
- Taking minutes in the meetings
- Stock control
- Assisting with financial administration (gathering of quotations) and completing procurements documents
- Assisting with general administration and reception duties
- Collection or deliveries for various departments
- If necessary, work overtime and make use of your own vehicle.
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time and may reasonably be expected from an employee in your position
The intern must have / be:
- At least 1 year event work experience or 1 year of relevant event study experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent research abilities and able to plan, implement and maintain project strategies
- Attention to detail and a “can do” attitude at all times, be able to work independently as well as within a team
- The ability to multi-task
- A solution-orientated personality who takes initiative
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and passionate
- Reliable and target orientated
The intern will be paid a stipend to cover travel costs.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: “Customer Services Intern 2017”
For more information on the organisation and the events please visit www.twooceansmarathon.org.za