Cape of Good Hope SPCA - Successful Charity 2018
Established in 1872, the Cape of Good Hope SPCA is the founding society of the SPCA movement in South Africa and the oldest animal welfare institution in the country. They are also a member of World Animal Protection and an Executive Member of the National Council of SPCAs South Africa. Over the past 145 years, covering an area of approximately 11 000 km² they have diligently carried out their mission to prevent cruelty to animals through education, law enforcement, veterinary care services (operating an Animal Hospital, Inspectorate and four Mobile Clinics serving impoverished communities) and running a Kennel, Cattery, Horse Care Unit, Wildlife Facility, Farmyard and Adoption Centre, which every year places hundreds of animals in loving and caring homes. The Cape of Good Hope SPCA has but one mission - to ensure that no animal endures cruelty by putting all our efforts, passion and funds into making sure that ALL animals are safe, loved and cared for.
Join our fight against animal cruelty by running for TEAM SPCA in the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon 2018.
Type: Half Marathon and Ultra Marathon
Each Half Marathon TEAM SPCA runner must agree to raise a minimum of R2 500 and each Ultra Marathon TEAM SPCA runner must agree to raise a minimum of R3 000 in return for:
- A guaranteed entry!
- The first 20 people to sign up as part of Team SPCA will each receive a heart-shaped pet food bowl.
- TOP FUNDRAISER will be awarded a R1000 voucher kindly sponsored by Actos and a pair of Vogue aviator ladies sunglasses to the value of R1000
- 2nd and 3rd top fundraiser will be awarded with a hamper kindly sponsored by Civvio to the value of R1000.
- Team SPCA runners will each receive a limited edition one-of-a-kind TEAM SPCA running shirt.
- Team SPCA runners will also receive a special goodie bag from the SPCA.
- They will offer you lots of fundraising advice, support and tips on how to confidently ask for support and supply you with a standard appeal letter that you can use to encourage family, friends and colleagues to support you.
- They will be exhibiting at Two Oceans Expo from the 28-30 March 2018 and will have exciting things on offer!
- Most importantly the personal satisfaction of running and the knowledge that your race has made a big difference to the lives of those animals forced to fight!
Contact: Natasha Johannes
Tel: 021 700 4155